2011年10月20日星期四

Is Sending A Young Sdult To College A Waste Of Time And Money

I would have never stepped foot into a Maple Story US classroom. Don't misunderstand me I believe education is vitally important but who said you needed to attend college to receive a quality education. Let's face it a college degree is overrated when you take into account the countless number of young adults that graduate from college and can only find work flipping burgers. After I graduated from college I searched for a job for months and finally ended up driving a school bus. I needed only a chauffeur's license not a college degree. I honestly believe that the value of a college degree is really based on social perception rather than on concrete education.

The rising rate of college tuition and books coupled with the state of the economy is certainly a reason to rethink the matter. Due to my interest in Internet marketing I decided to do a little research to find out what the cost would be for a 2.5 year program. Ready for this ---> close to $40,000. I can only imagine what other types of programs cost. People are either spending to much of their hard earned money or taking out huge loans; after it is all over there is no guarantee of landing a decent paying job. Plus if you are fortunate enough to land a great job, your will still earn less than the individual hired before you who has no degree but has experience. You will also be the first to go if the company layoff employees (last hired, first fired) your college degree will not be taken into consideration. I know because it happened to me. All common sense reasons why a college degree is overrated.

If I had the opportunity to do it all over again I would still Buy Tera Gold skills and education needed to be successful but I would take a much different approach. Most high school counselors want people to believe you have to go to college in order to be successful but that myth has been crushed time and time again. Some of the most successful people never earned a college degree. Here are the names of a few of them; Bill Gates, Michael Dell, Henry Ford, Rachel Ray, Steven Spielberg, Halle Berry, Mary Kay Ash and the founder of the social networking site Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg. Perhaps you have heard of these people but there are many thousands successful individuals without college degrees who are not celebrities or famous.

没有评论:

发表评论